Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cinnamon Coffeecake

In another life I must have been a cinnamon stick.  I LOVE everything and anything cinnamon and so does my family!  While looking through an 1959 edition of "Betty Crocker's Guide to Easy Entertaining" that belonged to my mother-in-law,  I found a recipe for "Butter-Ball Coffee Cake."  It used just a handful of ingredients so I decided to try it.  I altered the recipe slightly (using one can of biscuits (not two like the recipe said) and leaving out the nuts).  I also decided to change the name to "Cinnamon Coffeecake" because that's what I would classify it as! 


It was so incredibly easy that I made it up in less than five minutes.  It takes about 15-20 minutes to bake, which is great because I made them last Friday morning when I really didn't feel like having a bowl of cereal for breakfast but had a taste for something with cinnamon!



Ingredients:

1 package refrigerated  biscuits (8 count) - any
    brand (I used Pillsbury Grands)
1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9-inch pan with cooking spray.  In one bowl, melt the butter.  I used a microwave to melt the butter, you can also do over the stove in a small saucepan.  In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together.  Take each biscuit and dip first in the melted butter and then in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, making sure to thoroughly coat each biscuit.  Place in pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into one of the biscuits comes out clean.  Let cool about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...