Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

While taking a stroll through the pumpkin muffin recipe "blogosphere," I came across several recipes for two-ingredient pumpkin muffins. The two "main" ingredients being a can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix. Since I was at the Kroger today doing my regular grocery shopping anyways, I decided to pick up a box of spice cake. Imagine my disappointment, when I got to the boxed cake aisle and they were completely out of any brand of spice cake!!  I guess I could have asked a clerk to help me, but I decided to grab a box of yellow cake mix instead. The more I thought about it, I would much rather come up with my own combination of spices. I love cinnamon and nutmeg together - to me, they are always the perfect "pair!" I was extremely skeptical that I could make muffins out of a cake mix. I thought if I didn't add the eggs, oil and water, like it says on the back of the cake box, that it would be a big disaster! I figured if it was, I had only spent $1.25 for the cake mix and a $1.00 for the can of pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, when the pumpkin muffins got cool enough to "sample," I found them to be delicious and just the right amount of spice. Try whipping up a dozen for the family one morning and see if you don't agree with me!


Ingredients

16.5 ounce box yellow cake mix, any brand
   (I used Duncan Hines)
15 ounce can pumpkin, any brand
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put paper liners into a 12-muffin tin and set aside. In large bowl, put all the ingredients in the order given and beat for one minute on high with electric mixer or by hand with large spoon until all ingredients are well combined. Distribute batter evenly between the 12 paper liners and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool five minutes. Remove to wire rack to continue cooling. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...