Saturday, April 30, 2016

Baked Cinnamon/Sugar Tortilla Chips



What if I told you that you could whip up a tasty treat for your friends and family in less than 30 minutes? I have been wanting to test out this recipe for YEARS. Yes, YEARS. The reason I had waited for so long was because I thought they were really hard to make or I needed to use a deep fryer. Well, these are not hard at all to make and you can bake them in your oven! Given that I had purchased a pack of flour tortillas earlier in the week at Kroger for just a $1.00, I knew it was time to give it a try, figuring if it was a disaster, I would have only spent a little over a buck (considering butter, sugar and cinnamon were also in the recipe). Much to my amazement, they turned out AMAZING!!!! Yeah! Since all of my chips from the first batch are gone, I guess I better go back to the Kroger and stock up on flour tortillas!


Ingredients

1/4 cup melted butter, unsalted
 10 8-inch flour tortillas
  (I used La Banderita soft taco flour tortillas)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove, melt the butter. Set aside. Separate the 10 tortillas and on each tortilla put about 3 teaspoons of the melted butter on one side only, either spreading the butter with a pastry brush or with a teaspoon. Set aside. In a small bowl, put the white sugar and cinnamon and mix well with a small spoon. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly on top of each tortilla. With a pair of kitchen shears or using a knife, cut each tortilla into eight equal sized wedges (triangles). Place each wedge, cinnamon/sugar side up, on an ungreased cookie sheet. I used a 14-inch by 16-inch cookie sheet and could fit 24 wedges on it at a time. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tortillas are starting to crisp up. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool. Store in a covered container for up to two days. For maximum freshness consume within 24 hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...