Saturday, May 14, 2016

Lemon Muffins with Lemon Glaze




I love going to the Dollar Tree around where I live.  It is the ONLY place I buy my greeting cards and colored sprinkles. I recently discovered they sell lemon juice. Yahoo! I could buy a bunch of lemons and squeeze the juice myself, but how much time would it take to squeeze 32 ounces?!?!?! More than I am willing to take, I can tell you that! I can always tell how much my family likes my, "bakery," by how long it takes them to wipe out muffins, scones, biscuits, etc. Just 48 hours ago, there were 12 lemon muffins, this morning there was one. Yep, these will definitely become a "regular item," in Cathy's Kitchen!

Ingredients

2 cups white flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Lemon Glaze (optional)

1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside. In a large bowl, put the flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract.  Mix well by hand with large spoon or with electric mixer until smooth. Distribute batter evenly between the 12 paper liners. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to continue cooling. Keep muffins covered at room temperature for up to three days. If desired, you can make a lemon glaze. In a small bowl, put the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Mix well with small spoon and then drizzle evenly between all the muffins! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...