Saturday, February 16, 2013

Oatmeal Muffins




This recipe was given to me by an old office mate over 20 years ago.  When I moved on to my next job, and was reheating one of these muffins in the microwave one day at work, I had one of my new bosses offer to pay me if I would bake her these muffins!! That is how good they smell :)  Yesterday morning, I was telling Lauren that story and she was like, "how come you've never made them for us?!?!?!"  I guess it's been a while, if she doesn't ever remember eating them and she's almost 17! I whipped up a batch of these yesterday afternoon - they still taste as yummy as I remember! 

Ingredients:

1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup white flour
1/3 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place paper liners into a 12-cup muffin tin.  Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined with large spoon. If desired, add 1/2 cup - 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to batter. Pour evenly into paper liners.  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.  To reheat, pop into microwave for 20-30 seconds. This recipe can easily be doubled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...