Sunday, June 1, 2014

Frozen Fruit Smoothie Circles




Even though I found the smallest watermelon I could for Memorial Day weekend, we still had a lot left over. I was trying to figure out a way to use it all up and I wasn't coming up with any good ideas. Since I had just a handful of blueberries and raspberries also kicking around in the fridge, I thought, why not just throw all the fruit into a blender and make a smoothie? I wanted to take it a step further and freeze it, which was an awesome idea, but I couldn't locate my ice pop molds!!!! I was just about to give up, when I thought, how about using a 12-cup muffin tin for the "molds"? Lo and behold, it worked out great! Since Lauren is my smoothie "girl," she loved this recipe!  The hubby had a few of these "circles" after a long bike ride this afternoon and said, "I think you might be on to something!" If he only knew how easy this recipe was :)

2 cups chopped watermelon
1 cup blueberries, rinsed
1 cup raspberries, rinsed

Put all the fruit into a blender and blend until smooth. Distribute the mixture evenly between the 12 cups of the muffin tin. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and put into the freezer for a minimum of four hours. When ready to eat, lightly loosen each "circle" with a dinner knife and remove.  Eat immediately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...