Friday, December 5, 2014

Lemon Whippersnapper Cookies

My husband belongs to two gyms. One is across the street from the large university around here and the other is in a mall.  As you might imagine, the gym across the street from the university is mostly frequented by college students. Some people at that gym even call him, "sir."  Anyways, earlier this week, I was asking him, "so, have there been a lot of college students working out, since it's getting close to exam week?" He said, "yeah, I was showing those "whippersnappers" how it's done!" Well, okay then. I don't even know the last time I heard the word, "whippersnapper." Probably a LONG time ago. Just for the heck of it, I looked to see if there is such a thing as a "whippersnapper" cookie. Guess what? There is!  


I could picture my in-laws possibly using the word "whippersnapper" at some point in their lives, but my husband?!?! My mind immediately sped forward to the hubby and I sitting on our porch in rocking chairs, about 30 years from now, saying, "look at those young "whippersnappers" riding their bikes down the street!"  Try making up a batch of these festive looking cookies around the holidays. They are a welcome break from chocolate! Well, all righty then, I guess I better "skedaddle" now!! 

Ingredients

1 (15.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
8 ounce container whipped topping,
  (like Cool-Whip), thawed
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup powdered sugar

In large bowl, put the cake mix, whipped topping and the egg. Mix well with large spoon and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for four hours. When ready to make, preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  In small bowl, put the powdered sugar. Roll into 28 equal sized balls. This batter is really sticky, so put a little of the powdered sugar on the palms of your hands - it makes it easier to roll. Roll each ball into the powdered sugar until well coated. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies are set and just starting to turn light brown. Remove from oven and let sit five minutes before removing them to wire rack to continue cooling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...