Saturday, January 3, 2015

Shrimp with Tomatoes and Peppers

Last night, the hubby was inquiring what was going to be on the "menu" for dinner. I told him, "well, it will be something involving shrimp!" That "something" turned out to be this:


This meal was so easy and quick to prepare, that I felt a bit like Rachel Ray, because I made it in less than 30 minutes! I am the "queen" of multi-tasking, so while I was working on making the shrimp with tomatoes and peppers, I was making a pot of white rice at the same time. My family and I recently went back to the East Coast to visit family and friends over the holidays. Since I love to cook and bake, I prepared a handful of meals at my parents house. One of the days that we were there, I was remarking to my dad that the biggest challenge to cooking a meal is to get everything to come out at the same time. Wouldn't you agree?!?!?

Ingredients

1 pound raw shrimp, raw or fresh
12-ounce package 3-pepper and onion blend,
  frozen
14.5-ounce can sliced stewed tomatoes,
  undrained
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2-3 dashes of cayenne pepper sauce,
  optional

I almost always use frozen shrimp and if you pour cold water into a small bowl that just covers the shrimp, it will defrost quickly! Remove shells, if necessary and then slice into bite-sized pieces. Set aside. In large skillet, put the stewed tomatoes and the 3-pepper and onion blend. Simmer on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chili powder, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper sauce, if desired. Stir well and then add the shrimp and continue to let simmer on medium heat until the shrimp turns pink. This will only take 5-10 minutes. Makes four servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...