Monday, May 4, 2020

Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge




Last Friday morning, I tried to make a new scone recipe. Despite my best efforts, they didn't exactly turn out the way I would have liked. The butter in the scones melted onto the bottom of the stove, which caused smoke, which in turn made the smoke alarm go off. Luckily, we have a self-cleaning oven and I set it on the longest length of time possible - four hours. After the oven had cooled off, I cleaned the residual that was left and on Saturday night made lasagna. Again, the smoke alarm went off. I finally came to the conclusion that the two racks in the oven needed to be cleaned. Ugh. Since I didn't feel like cleaning them immediately, I decided to make a "no-bake" recipe Sunday afternoon. Oh my, this is SO good. At Cathy's Kitchen, we aim to have happy "customers!" LOL.  By the way, I cleaned the two racks Sunday afternoon and then made a new Quarantine "favorite" for dinner - Hot Dog and Bean Casserole covered with Jiffy Cornbread!! This time the oven did NOT set the smoke alarm off!! Yeah - success!!

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, unsalted
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
16.3 ounce jar smooth peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large saucepan or stock pot, put the butter, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and powdered sugar. On low to medium heat, stir constantly with a large spoon until smooth and blended together. Remove from heat and pour immediately into the prepared pan and spread evenly.  In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Pour the melted chips over the peanut butter mixture and again, spread evenly. Use a knife to "swirl." I swirled both diagonally and horizontally. Place in fridge for a minimum of two hours. When ready to eat, cut into squares. Store covered in the fridge. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...