Friday, January 27, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls


These cinnamon rolls are so quick and easy to prepare. You can make them up before the kids go to school or first thing on a Saturday or Sunday morning.  The smell of them baking will be sure to get your family up!  Cinnamon rolls are one of my all time favorites.  I am the oldest of three and growing up my siblings and I would take "turns" to see who would get the center roll because it always had the most icing! Just in the past couple of years I have started baking with unsalted butter.  I love to bake, but never paid too much attention as to whether I was buying unsalted or salted butter.  Try unsalted butter the next time you bake and see if you notice a difference - I have!

Ingredients:
2 cans (8 ounce each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls - any brand

Filling:

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine (softened)
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon

Icing:

3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine (melted)
2 tablespoons milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9-inch round pan.  Open each can of crescent rolls and take each square of four and place them next to each other on the counter (no need to flour the counter). Seal the seams until you have a large rectangle. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, powdered sugar, cinnamon and butter or margarine, until well combined.  Spread the filling over the entire rectangle, leaving about 1/4 inch around the edges.  Roll up tightly, like a jelly roll.  Slice into eight equal pieces and place in pan.  Bake about 20-25 minutes or until brown.  Let cool about 10-15 minutes.  For the icing - in small bowl,  mix the powdered sugar, butter or margarine and milk until smooth.  Drizzle on top of cinnamon rolls.

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to have cinnamon rolls in no time at all. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cinnamon rolls up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa for asking me to link my cinnamon roll recipe - hopefully I did it correctly!

    ReplyDelete

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...