Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pulled Pork Barbeque


Living in the Midwest, the price of some meats are very reasonably priced.  When boneless pork loin goes on sale, I like to pick up the biggest one I can (usually in the 7-8 pound range).  I cut it in half and put half into the freezer to use at another time.  When I used to make a pork loin in the oven for dinner, Lauren would always tell me that it tasted really dry. I would overcook it, because I heard pork should always be well done.  I got adventurous one day and pulled my 2 1/2  quart crockpot out, cut the pork into 6-8 equal-sized pieces and covered it with a 14-ounce can of beef broth. Using beef broth with pork might seem odd, but believe me it ends up tasting delicious!  I put it on the high setting and within 4-6 hours I had well done and juicy pork. I then drained off all the liquid (be careful because the liquid is hot), used a large spoon to break up any remaining big pieces of pork and added an entire 18-ounce bottle of barbeque sauce.  Stir in the sauce thoroughly and cook about another 15 minutes or until heated through. I have a personal preference for Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce, but you can use whatever flavor or kind you prefer.  This recipe easily serves 6-8 people.  Next time you're having a picnic, try making this instead of the usual burgers and hot dogs.  Your family and friends will be very impressed (and you can spend more time with your guests, because you won't be standing over a hot and smoking grill)!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite things to eat. I am getting hungry just looking at the picture, and I just had dinner!

    -Hungry Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks "Hungry Bob!" I'll have to make this for you the next time I see you!!

    ReplyDelete

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...