Thursday, July 26, 2012

No-Bake Cheesecake

I read in my local paper that this coming Monday, July 30th, is National Cheesecake Day.  I didn't even know there was such a day!!  A homemade cheesecake is time consuming, loaded with calories and expensive to make. This is a recipe that involves no baking, just a minimum three hour chilling time in the fridge.  I used fat-free whipped topping and fat-free cream cheese to try and lighten it up, but feel free to use "full strength" whipped topping and cream cheese :)  I also used a ready to eat graham cracker pie crust instead of making my own.  I bought the "house" brand of whipped topping, cream cheese and graham cracker pie crust, because I personally can't taste the difference.  It's usually less expensive too!!
 

Ingredients:

1/2 cup white sugar
8-ounce package fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8-ounce tub fat-free whipped topping
6-ounce graham cracker pie crust

In medium bowl, put sugar, cream cheese and vanilla extract.  With large spoon, mix until well combined.  Gently stir in the whipped topping until smooth and creamy.  Pour into graham cracker pie crust and put in fridge for at least three hours or until firm.  Remove from fridge and enjoy.  Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...