Monday, November 19, 2012

Cranberry and Oat Bars


I have never been brave enough to battle those crowds on "Black Friday." But, if I was adventuresome enough, I would definitely toss a few of these bars in my purse to keep me fortified for all that shopping!!!  I ate one of these this morning and I wasn't hungry for hours.  One of these bars would also be an excellent afternoon snack with a glass of milk for the kids and a cup of hot coffee or tea for you!
  
Ingredients:

1 cup margarine, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups white flour
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In large bowl, put all ingredients in the order given except the oats and cranberries.  Mix ingredients by hand or with mixer until smooth.  Fold in the oats and cranberries gently with large spoon until well combined.  Pour batter into ungreased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...