Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sweet Potato Muffins



It seems like the only time I think of making sweet potatoes are around this time of year.  I make them the way my father-in-law taught me - you prick them several times with a fork, rub all over with a little bit of butter and wrap thoroughly in aluminum foil and bake in the oven.  We had a few leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving (as we usually do) and I decided to use part of one to make some muffins. My hubby had one of these Saturday morning and gave them a 9.5 out of a possible 10.  I personally think they deserved a 10.5!!  Dominic gobbled his muffin right up, so I know that he agreed with me :)


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups white flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cooked sweet potato, skin removed and mashed
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Put paper liners into a 12-muffin tin and set aside.  In large bowl, put all ingredients in the order above.  Mix well with large spoon, by hand, until mixture is smooth.  Pour evenly into muffin tins and bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on rack about 10 minutes.  Makes one dozen muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...