Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes



Sunday mornings at our house have become "pancake making" day.  For the past several months, I have whipped up pancakes from a recipe out of the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.   I quadruple the recipe so Lauren and Dominic can eat them throughout the week for breakfast before they go to school.  It is a very popular item on the "menu." This past Sunday, I decided to make some pumpkin pancakes from a recipe my sister sent me back in November of last year.  I made some modifications here and there from the original recipe, but for the most part the ingredients are the same.  I made these this past Sunday morning for the hubby and kids.  For something a little different,  I tossed a small handful of chopped walnuts into a few of the pancakes for the hubby and I (the kids don't eat walnuts).  Surprise the family one night by serving these pancakes for dinner.  Where is it written that pancakes are only for breakfast?!?!? Growing up, my mom would sometimes serve us breakfast for dinner. I used to think it was pretty cool and I guarantee your family will think so too!!!



Ingredients:

4 cups white flour
15-ounce can packed pumpkin
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups white milk

In large bowl, put all ingredients in the order given and mix well with large spoon.  Batter maybe a little lumpy.  Spray pancake griddle with non-stick spray.  Makes 22-24 5-inch pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...