Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oatmeal No Bake Scotchies




Where I live, the weather seemed to go from winter to summer overnight! When it's already really warm in your house, do you really feel like turning the oven on to bake cookies? I know I don't! I had a good friend recently send me some recipes for no bake cookies. Today, I decided to give one of the recipes a "test drive."  I changed the proportions of the ingredients and the end result was absolutely decadent!  Be forewarned, these are super duper rich. Trust me, half of one of these will satisfy your taste for something sweet :) I don't even think that I would qualify these as cookies - I think they taste more like candy!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup white milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups butterscotch morsels/chips
3 1/2 cups quick oatmeal (not instant)

Place paper liners in a 12-cup cupcake tin and set aside.  In large saucepan, bring sugar, milk and butter to a boil.  Turn the heat down slightly and continue to boil for one full minute, stirring constantly with large spoon.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and butterscotch morsels/chips. Stir constantly for one more minute until all the morsels/chips are melted. Add the oatmeal and combine thoroughly.  Pour batter evenly into the paper liners.  Put in refrigerator for at least one hour or until firm.  Makes 12.  These must be stored in the fridge, not at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...