Friday, July 19, 2013

Frozen Strawberry Lemonade


In many parts of the country, it is super HOT right now!!  Even in the Midwest (where we live), it has been pretty darn toasty this week :)  If you are outside for any length of time, you will inevitably get thirsty. Don't the above drinks look good?  A certain fast food restaurant that starts with the letter "M" has this beverage on their menu.  Theirs is pretty good, but I like mine better.  An added bonus, you don't have to leave the comforts of your home to go get it!!! Shortly after I took this picture, Lauren drank one and I drank the other. Take it from the two of us,  it was refreshing and really hit the spot!


Ingredients:

2 cups frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cups pink lemonade
2 cups ice cubes

In a blender, put the frozen strawberries and the pink lemonade.  Add 1/2 cup ice cubes and blend.  Keep adding the ice cubes 1/2 cup at a time and blend until all the ice cubes have been incorporated.  I tried to add the ice cubes all at once and my blender let me know it wasn't too pleased!!  Blend until you get the consistency you want  - less blending for thicker, more for a thinner consistency. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...