Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chocolate Dipped No-Bake Desserts


My chocolate dipped "firecracker" pretzels were originally posted on the website below (where I am a parenting contributor) shortly before July 4th:


Since Labor Day weekend is rapidly approaching, I was thinking that these pretzels would be awesome to make again since many people will be having picnics. They appeal to both kids and adults.  But, why stop at just chocolate dipped pretzels?  How about chocolate dipped potato chips?? I used a sturdy potato chip with the "ridges." In a small bowl, I melted a 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels in the microwave.  I then dipped the potato chips in one at a time, put on a piece of waxed paper, added some sprinkles and popped them in the fridge for just a half hour.  I've always wanted to make chocolate dipped strawberries, so I decided to dip a few of those in the chocolate too! Who knew melted chocolate morsels could have so many uses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...