Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Peanut Butter/Honey Crispy Rice Treats

   
Where I live, lately it has felt like fall when you wake up and by late afternoon it feels like summer! I guess the weather can't make up it's mind.  I kind of felt that way about making these rice treats.  I kept going back and forth about whether I should make the "classic" ones with marshmallows or bump it up a notch and also add peanut butter and honey.  I'm glad I decided to try something different because these are delicious! I may never go back to making the classic ones again.    

Ingredients:

3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
5 cups crispy rice cereal
1/4 cup margarine
10.5 ounce package mini marshmallows

In large pan, combine peanut butter and honey together with large spoon.  Turn on medium heat and stir occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until smooth.  Remove from heat and add the crispy rice cereal. Combine well and pour into large bowl. Set aside.  Reusing the same large pan, melt the margarine on medium heat and then add the marshmallows and simmer on low heat until all the marshmallows are melted.  Remove from heat and add to the mixture in the large bowl.  Mix well and then press into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan.  Put in fridge for a minimum of one hour to firm up. Cut into 18 squares.  Cover with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...