Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pumpkin Smoothie


Are you all "pumpkined" (not sure if that's a word) out yet from all the pumpkin pies from Thanksgiving?? Do you have just a bit of pumpkin leftover or did you buy an extra can and didn't end up using it?  I have made pumpkin muffins, pancakes and scones, but making smoothies (of any kind) is something that is very new to me.  I guess you could call me a smoothie "rookie."  We are using a blender that the hubby has had longer than he's known me and it's still going strong (just like us)!! If you don't own a blender yet and your kids, significant other or husband are looking for a good holiday gift for you, a quick search on Amazon.com yielded a pretty nice one  for only about $25.00.  I whipped a few of these smoothies up yesterday in Cathy's Kitchen and one of my regular "customers" ranked them a 10 out of 10!  Love when that happens :)

Ingredients

2 cups ice cubes
1 cup milk
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Put all ingredients in a blender in the order given and blend until smooth. Feel free to change up the proportions of the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.  I personally find ginger and nutmeg to be pretty strong spices, so that's why I only used 1/4 teaspoon of each!  Makes three cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...