Thursday, November 21, 2013

No-Bake Sweet Potato Cheesecake


 
This is the time of year when many grocery stores will put sweet potatoes on sale. The best way to cook them is in the oven, but you can also make them in the microwave. Earlier in the week, I had made two HUGE sweet potatoes for dinner and there was a half of one left.  I was racking my brain trying to think of a creative way to use it up.  Muffins? Pancakes? Waffles? Biscuits?  All good ideas, but how about using it in a cheesecake??  I took a little bit of help from the Keebler Elves and used their graham cracker crust.  Remember my whoopie pie recipe from earlier in November that used marshmallow creme? Well, I used a cup of it in this cheesecake!!  Now, I have just a dollop of the creme left in the jar.  I heard the other day about a "fluffernutter" sandwich.  It's peanut butter and marshmallow creme on white bread.  Since I have never had one of those in my life, I'm thinking that's for lunch tomorrow!!!!

Ingredients:

6-ounce graham cracker crust
1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 cup marshmallow creme

In large bowl, put the sweet potato, cream cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange juice and the marshmallow creme.  Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth.  Spread evenly into the graham cracker crust, cover and put in fridge for a minimum of three hours. If you want to make this cheesecake extra special for the holidays, try putting some Reddi-Wip topping on it right before you serve a slice to your family and/or friends.  I promise you, they will be super impressed!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great, simple, delicious-sounding idea (and clever use-up for sweet potato). I may have to try this sometime. Thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...