Monday, September 12, 2016

Strawberry Trifle


When I was trying to tell the hubby that I wanted to make a "trifle," he kept calling it a "truffle." I tried and tried to explain to him that it was two separate things. LOL. Anyways, I was really proud of myself because I barely spent any money on this dessert! I had a digital coupon from Kroger to get a FREE angel food cake and the whipped topping and the strawberries were both on sale!! A "classic," trifle has the cake soaked in sherry or "fortified wine." Um, since Dominic was going to have some of this and he's only 12 years old, that wasn't an option. This trifle had to be "kid friendly!" Even if I hadn't gotten the ingredients for this trifle either free or on sale, it still wouldn't be an expensive dessert to make. I think it's pretty impressive, don't you?

Ingredients

13-ounce angel food cake, cubed
  (about six cups)
8-ounce container of whipped topping
1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced

In a large glass serving bowl, put two cups of the cubed angel food cake, 1/3 of the whipped topping and 1/3 of the strawberries. Repeat two more times, ending with the strawberries on top. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge 30 minutes. When ready to eat, a large spoon is much better to "scoop," out a piece. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top, if desired!! YUMMY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...