Sunday, July 19, 2020

No Bake Golden Grahams S'mores Bars




What kind of cereal did you eat growing up? I loved Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Trix and so forth.  Yep, all the ones that had TONS of sugar!!!! My very favorite cereal was (and still is) Golden Grahams. Did you know they came out in 1976? I turned 13 in 1976!! I even had a pair of Bi-Centennial overalls. I will spare you that picture.  Anyways, as I have gotten older, I have switched to more "healthier" cereals. From time-to-time, it's good to take a little trip down "memory" lane. I have wanted to make these bars for a while. For the past handful of weeks, every time I checked, the grocery store didn't have any Golden Grahams. This past week when I went, they had the "Giant Size" on sale. Of course, I picked it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These bars are so easy to make and they can be ready in 30 minutes.

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter, unsalted
10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
5 cups Golden Grahams cereal

Spray a 9-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large stockpot, melt the butter slowly.  On medium heat, add the marshmallows and chocolate morsels. Using a large spoon, stir constantly until the marshmallows and chocolate morsels are completely melted. Remove from heat and add the cereal. Combine until all the cereal is covered with the marshmallow and chocolate mixture. Press evenly into the prepared pan.  Let cool a minimum of 30 minutes. Store covered at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...