Tuesday, June 23, 2020

No Bake Caramel Pecan Turtle Bars




My husband is incredibly hard to buy for whether it's Father's Day, his birthday or Christmas! One gift I have bought him MANY times are the DeMet's Turtles. If you ever had them, you know that they are really rich and delicious. I was curious how hard it would be to make them, I thought you would need to bake it in the oven. Given that the weather here in Michigan is HOT and even with our air conditioning on, it is still hot when I put on the oven, I knew I wanted to make a "No Bake." This recipe is really easy and the only two appliances you need are a microwave and a fridge!!!! Dominic helped me and my husband LOVED these homemade "Turtles!" Don't they look happy?!?!?! I think he will remember this Father's Day fondly!!!




Ingredients

1 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, (reserved)
3/4 cup pecans + 1/4 cup pecans (reserved), chopped
2 2.2 ounce bags, soft caramels (I used Werther's)
1 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (no substitutions)

Line a 8 x 8-inch pan or 9 x 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, put the 1 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and in 15-30 second intervals, melt the chocolate until smooth. Pour in the bottom of the prepared pan and if you have any air bubbles, tap the pan a few times to get them out. It will also help smooth the chocolate. Sprinkle the 3/4 cup of pecans evenly across the melted chocolate. Set aside. Unwrap all of the soft caramels in both bags and put in a separate microwave safe bowl. Add the heavy cream and in 15-30 second intervals, melt until smooth. Spread evenly across the melted chocolate. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips. Using the end of a teaspoon, drizzle the melted chocolate on top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup pecans on top. Put in the fridge for one hour. *these must be kept covered in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...