Saturday, July 3, 2021

No Bake Butterscotch and Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars

A few weeks ago, Michigan had unseasonably hot and muggy weather. I felt like I was back in Maryland again!!! Today isn't too bad, but tomorrow it is supposed to be 90 and muggy. Ugh. I love "no bake" recipes. You basically let the fridge do all of the work for you! Yesterday, I was looking through the pantry and the kitchen cabinets and found a bag of mini marshmallows and a bag of butterscotch chips (both were getting ready to expire soon). I was scratching my head thinking of something to make and decided these marshmallow bars would be great!! Dominic and I whipped them up before we went to his drawing lesson yesterday and when we got back they were done. Oh my, so YUMMY! If you are invited to a 4th of July party, these bars are PERFECT!!!


Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter

1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)

11-ounce package butterscotch chips

10-ounce package mini marshmallows


Put foil in a 8 x 8 inch square pan and spray the pan with non-stick spray. Set aside. In a large saucepan, put the butter, peanut butter and butterscotch chips. On low to medium heat, stir constantly with a large spoon until completely melted. Remove from heat and add the mini marshmallows. Stir until all the marshmallows are covered with the melted butter/peanut butter/butterscotch chip mixture and then pour into the prepared pan. Put in fridge for a minimum of two hours. Cut into squares and serve!! Store covered in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...