Thursday, June 21, 2012

Best Ever Banana Muffins


 
After searching online and through my many cookbooks for just the right banana muffin recipe, I found the best one in a cookbook given to me many years ago by an old office mate. The front cover of the cookbook fell off a long time ago, so I have absolutely no idea how old the cookbook is!  The original name of the recipe was "Banana Tea Bread."  As you can tell by the pictures below, the cookbook is probably older than me! I wrote all over the recipe, because I had to adapt it several times to get it just right :)  Earlier this year, February 23rd, I posted a recipe for Banana Oatmeal Muffins that is also quite tasty. Try making those sometime too!!
 
 


Ingredients:

3 medium size ripe bananas
1 3/4 cups white flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2  large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons margarine or butter (softened)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and fill 12-muffin tin with paper liners.  Mash bananas in separate bowl with fork.  Put bananas and margarine or butter in a larger bowl and add the rest of the ingredients to it.  Mix until well combined.  Fill the liners with about 3/4 of the mixture.  Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean.  Cool about 10 minutes on wire rack.  For a variation, try adding about 1/4-1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter before baking. The last time I made these I used dark chocolate chips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...