Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

A few weeks ago, I sat looking at a package of boneless/skinless chicken breasts wondering what the heck to do with them!! I decided I wanted to make chicken fettuccine alfredo.  The end result was this.


Most of the recipes I looked through involved using heavy cream, which I typically don't keep on hand in my fridge. This recipe uses cream cheese instead and only uses a handful of ingredients. This recipe is definitely not low-calorie or low-fat, but I think it will become a monthly recipe on my "menu" for sure!!  Hopefully you will agree :)

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup salted or unsalted butter
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
2 cups milk
1 pound uncooked fettuccine noodles (any brand)

Slice boneless chicken into large chunks.  In about 1 tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil, cook the chicken until no longer pink in the middle.  Drain off fat and set aside.  In large stockpot, prepare fettuccine noodles as directed on package.  I used the "house" brand from Kroger, feel free to use whatever brand you usually buy :)  Drain noodles and set aside.  In large saucepan, put the butter, cream cheese and milk.  Bring to a low or moderate simmer and stir with spoon until sauce is smooth.  Remove from heat, it will thicken as it stands.  Back into the stockpot put the noodles, chicken and sauce.  Mix together until noodles and chicken are covered in the sauce.  The hubby sprinkled parmesan cheese on top of his serving.  I made a tossed salad to go with this and our meal was complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...