Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chocolate Chip Supreme Muffins


One of the readers of this blog recently posted a comment asking me if I had a good recipe for chocolate chip muffins. I thought about it for a bit and realized I didn't, so I decided to experiment :)  To me, any day is a good day for "experimenting" with chocolate!! My first try making chocolate chip muffins this morning were okay (the muffin below on the left), but I knew I could make something better.  My daughter, Lauren rated them a 6 out of 10.  I was aiming for a 10 out of 10 :)

 
My second attempt at making chocolate chip muffins this afternoon definitely turned out much better (the muffin above on the right). I asked Lauren to "sample" one of the muffins from the second batch and she rated them a 10 out of 10.  If you can believe it, both muffins had almost the exact same ingredients, but used different proportions!! Which one would you prefer?? I would love to hear from you!


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup margarine (melted)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 large eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line 12-muffin tin with paper liners.  In large bowl, mix all ingredients together by hand until well combined.  Distribute batter evenly into paper liners.  Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes on wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I would so love to try some. I am sure I would love it.

    ReplyDelete

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...