Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cajun Sour Cream Dip



The Super Bowl is coming up this Sunday in New Orleans.  As a nod to the type of food you would find there, I made a dip that includes the "holy trinity" of Cajun cooking.  Those three ingredients are green pepper, celery and onions. I love sour cream and onion dip (mixing sour cream and onion soup mix together), but this goes a step above that.  Even though I have never been to New Orleans, I love the foods that are popular in Louisiana - jambalaya, shrimp creole, red beans and rice, beignets, just to name a few.  They are many more, but those are my top favorites!!  If you are hosting or going to a Super Bowl Party, think about making this. Even though I'm a Washington Redskins fan,  I'll be rooting for the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.  I kind of  have to, they're from my home state of Maryland!!!

Ingredients:

16-ounce container sour cream (any brand)
1 cup green pepper (seeds and membranes removed), chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together in small bowl with large spoon until well combined.  Eat immediately or cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge until ready to eat. Serve with your choice of crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...