Thursday, January 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Muffins




When I was making these muffins yesterday, I had two "assistants." Dominic was helping to read the recipe and put in the ingredients and Lauren was my "taste tester."  My hubby, Lauren and Dominic are all big fans of anything involving peanut butter.  Before I put these muffins into the oven, I tossed a handful of semi-sweet chocolate morsels into three of the muffins. When they came out and were cooling, Lauren tasted one that had some of the chocolate morsels in it.  I asked her how she liked the muffins and her comment back to me was "the next time you make these, make more with chocolate chips!!"  I guess that means she liked those the best :)  Peanut butter and chocolate are a pretty good combination!!  Feel free to skip the chocolate morsels, add it to some (like I did) or add it to all.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In large bowl, put all the ingredients in the order given.  Stir with large spoon until well combined and add 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels to batter if desired.  Pour evenly into the muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.  Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. If I have time over winter session I'm totally making these! They look great, Aunt Cathy!
    <3 Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Miss Katy :) The chocolate chips melt and they are really yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...