Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sour Cream Kuchen Muffins



At our house, my mother-in-law's sour cream kuchen is a big favorite.  I made it just a few days ago and it's already gone (Dominic ate the last piece this morning for breakfast)!!  Since I had a little bit of sour cream left over in the container and it wasn't enough to make a full recipe, I was curious if I cut all the ingredients in half, if it could be made into muffins. I was able to and the finished product I'm calling sour cream kuchen muffins.When I make my mother-in-law's kuchen, I use a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.  I put the batter, then the cinnamon topping, the batter and then end with the cinnamon topping.  I thought about trying to make four levels in the muffin tin, but if I filled them too full, it might spill out and land on the bottom of the oven.  I just recently cleaned my oven, so I didn't want to take a chance :)  These muffins are done in about 20 minutes and are super yummy and delicious!!!

Ingredients:

Batter:

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream

Topping:

1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.  In large bowl, put all the ingredients in the order shown for the batter and mix well with large spoon by hand until smooth.  Distribute batter evenly between the paper liners.   In a small bowl, put the light brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon and mix well with small spoon. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture evenly between the 12 muffins.  Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.  Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.  Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...