Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pink Lemonade Cookies



Back last summer, I put a recipe for lemonade biscotti on my blog.  Friday afternoon, as I was thinking that I needed to make a pitcher of lemonade with my powdered lemonade mix, I thought how about if I tinkered with the biscotti recipe a little and make them into cookies?  It didn't take too long to whip up the batter and put a dozen into the oven.  Before I took Dominic to his weekly music therapy session in the evening, I gave him one to tide him over until dinner.  I asked him what he thought of the cookie and he said, "taste good!" I think Dominic is a big fan of these cookies because he had a few for breakfast Saturday morning too.  Maybe I need to hide these cookies from him so the rest of us in our house can have some!!!!

Ingredients:

3 cups white flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup pink powdered lemonade
3 tablespoons lemon juice

Topping:

1/4 cup white sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, combine all ingredients together with large spoon until mixed well.  Roll into balls a little smaller than a ping pong ball and put on an ungreased cookie sheet.  In small bowl, put the 1/4 cup white sugar.  Using the bottom of a small drinking glass, dip first in the white sugar and then press gently on the top of each ball, flattening slightly.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes and then remove to wire rack.  Makes 26 cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I'm tickled "pink" that you made these. What a clever idea. I will never forget enjoying pitchers of cold lemonade in your backyard as children. What fun we had. Your recipe is a wonderful way to keep those memories alive. I am eager to make these for the college boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment!! I have really enjoyed reconnecting with you. These cookies are really yummy :)

      Delete

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...