Friday, January 17, 2014

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crackers



Now is the time of year that the Girl Scouts are selling their cookies.  Have you ever eaten the Tagalongs?   How about if you could make a version of those yourself that doesn't require baking?  These are actually round butter crackers (like a Ritz) with peanut butter in between and dipped in milk chocolate!  So easy and quick to make too :)  Lauren (who is not a fan of butter crackers at all), ate a few of these last night and proclaimed them, "addictive." They kind of are!!  Since I had just a little of the melted chips left, I dipped a plastic spoon in and also some candy canes.  This morning, I put that spoon in my coffee because I needed an extra zap of sugar - busy day planned for today!!!!!!


Ingredients:

1 sleeve round butter crackers, any brand
11.5 ounces milk chocolate chips, any brand
Smooth peanut butter, any brand

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside. Take two crackers and put a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter in between and press gently. I had 31 crackers in my "sleeve," so I made 15 peanut butter "sandwiches." It's good I had one extra, because one cracker accidentally landed on the floor!  After you have them all assembled, melt the milk chocolate chips either slowly on the stove in a saucepan or do what I did and melt them in a small bowl in the microwave.  Start with 30 seconds and then keep adding 15 seconds until the chips are smooth, stirring with a spoon after each increment of time.  Take each peanut butter sandwich and dip it in the melted chocolate.  I used a fork to turn it over in the bowl. No fuss, no muss! Place each chocolate covered cracker sandwich on the wax paper and if desired, sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. Put in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes. Keep these stored in a covered container in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...