Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pigs in a Blanket



Lauren hosted a New Year's Eve party this year at our house and one of her friends brought over a plate of pigs in a blanket. They were really yummy (I sampled a few) and it got me to thinking, have I ever made them in my life? I don't think I have. I figured since there were only two ingredients, it couldn't be too hard to make.  I bought the house brand of both the hot dogs and the crescent rolls.  I could have bought the fancy cocktail weiners, but I figured regular hot dogs would be fine if I just cut them in half.  The grand total came to $2.25 :) I challenge you to find an appetizer at the store that is that inexpensive!  I taste tested a few of these early in the afternoon on Friday and then put the rest back in the fridge. When Lauren came home from school, she put four on a plate and popped them into the microwave for about 30 seconds for a snack. She said they tasted fine, even reheated! The next time you get invited to a party last minute and aren't sure what kind of appetizer to bring, try making these - I made them in less than 30 minutes!

Ingredients

8-ounce package crescent rolls (8 count), any brand
16-ounce package hot dogs (8 count), any brand

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.  Cut the eight hot dogs in half for a total of 16 halves.  Separate the eight crescent rolls from each other.  Cut each roll in half lengthwise for a total of 16 triangles.  Wrap each hot dog tightly in the crescent roll.  Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes or until they are beginning to get lightly brown.  Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.  Serve immediately.  Makes 16 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...