Friday, August 3, 2012

Lemonade Biscotti

Two things I make all summer long are lemonade and iced tea. As I sat recently looking at my containers of powdered lemonade, I got the idea that maybe it would be cool to make something out of it besides lemonade, so I made some biscotti.  These also have a little lemon juice added.  You can squeeze your own lemons (which I think are a lot of work) or use lemon juice in a bottle.  A little juice, taste wise goes a LONG way :) If you can believe it, these cookies have pink powdered lemonade in them.  I had containers of both pink and yellow powdered lemonade from Country Time.  Since I was almost out of the yellow, I used the pink.



After dinner on Thursday, I had the hubby "sample" my latest creation from Cathy's Kitchen.  I asked him what kind of cookie they were and first he said "biscotti."  I was like, "yes, but what kind?"  He guessed lemon!  These smell super yummy baking, kind of like a batch of sugar cookies :)  These biscotti are a little bit of summer wrapped up in a cookie!

Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups white flour
6 tablespoons margarine, softened
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup pink powdered lemonade
1/4 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease two cookie sheets with cooking spray.  In large bowl, combine all ingredients together in the order shown with large spoon.  Divide dough in half.  Shape each half into a 12-inch long log.  Flatten slightly (about 2-3 inches across).  Place each log onto the lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.  Pull the cookie sheets out and let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.  Remove logs from cookie sheets and cut each log into 12 equal sized slices.  Return slices to cookie sheets and place cut-sides down.  Return back to oven for another 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove slices to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, to maintain freshness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...